Friday, September 7, 2012

It's Here (in Actual Physical Form This Time)!

My books arrived! It's always exciting to see a new book for the first time--hold it, flip through the pages--a real book with my words in it! The book that grew from story ideas that emerged from the haphazard process of brainstorming and developed through that messy first draft . . . the story that passed through revision, revision, test reads, more revision . . . then the submission process, the editorial process, proofing, not to mention graphic design and all those other awesome things--it's all done and here's the culmination of all that work, the finished product. It's a book!! It has a cover! And pages! And an ISBN! It's going to be in bookstores, and online, and in libraries! Somebody might read it! People I don't know might read it! If you think about that long enough, it's kind of mind-blowing. 


 

Photographic evidence---it's here! My new book!


It's also an unabridged audio book. Oh unabridged audio, how I love thee!


And it's a Kindle book! Lots of choices.

Shadowed is my sixth novel. Whew. Six books! I wrote six books! Six whole books, full of words! I can't parallel park, I stink at reading maps, my socks are never all folded, and heaven knows what's living under my fridge, but I wrote six books. I'd celebrate with chocolate, but I already ate chocolate, plus three huge chocolate chip cookies. I should celebrate with wheat germ or garbanzo beans, just for a change of pace.

The book is now for sale at Deseret Book online and the Kindle version is for sale at Amazon. It should be listed at Seagull Book soon, and I hope soon to hear reports of a bookstore sighting.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is such a great feeling, I am sure. I realize that I need to catch up! I borrowed you book, The Believer, from the library this past week, and am about to start it. So, excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm delighted that you're reading The Believer. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I loved your other books so I'm sure I love this one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean. Congratulations!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any idea when your publisher might start using sites like Audible for release of the audiobooks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, Donna! I don't know; I'll have to ask.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! =)

    I have similar feelings, but from a different point of view. Like, I read your books and I feel a sense of awe, "I know the person who wrote this! She's amazing!"

    Or, I'll listen to some extremely indie piece of music and wonder what the artist would think, that I listen to it every now and then, like the band one of my co-workers was in, or the band that had a disagreement with the label, so the CD never got released, but it was available for fans to download. I wish I could push some positive thoughts to those artists (and authors. I'm pushing some your way, Stephanie. You'd rather have chocolate, I know.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Stephanie! And hey, we have the same kindle--keyboard with the green cover (so does my sister--I guess green's a good color).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited! I am going out tomorrow morning to buy this. I love all of your books and can't wait to see what you've come up with this time.

    Your characters are so real to me, and I think you write the best villains.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jon, I'll take the positive thoughts AND chocolate (you've given me both). You're awesome! :)

    Amanda, thank you! Green Kindle covers rule!

    Heather, thank you so much! That's a huge compliment, and I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete